· You can view the current scheduling at http://cchstechscheduling.pbworks.com/
· To reserve a cart or the ID lab, you must complete the TUHSD Computer Lab/Cart Proposal Form (below) and email it to Erin.Henderson@tuhsd.org. You will receive an email confirmation.
· We are unable to charge the laptop carts in the library. Please pick up the cart the day before to allow for charging in your room.
· Please use the Student Laptop Checkout Form (located on the library website) to assign each student a computer. If you would like this sheet filled out for you, please send you class lists as a PDF to the librarian 2 days before picking up your cart.
· In accordance with Copper Canyon policy, Substitute teachers are not permitted to bring students to the Media Center or ID Lab. They are also not allowed to use the laptop carts.
· Classes using the computer lab must enter and exit through the back door of the building.
· Students should sign out of computers, pick up any trash, and push in chairs 5 minutes before leaving the ID lab.
· Laptop carts must be returned with the laptops in correct order and plugged in. Please report any issues as soon as you are made aware of them by submitting a Track It or contacting Tony Garcia.
For complete procedures:, please refer to the documents below.
English Lit Sets
To request a Lit Set, please email the following information to Erin.Henderson@tuhsd.org:
1. Quantity needed
2. Dates need (to/from)
3. Class lists of all classes that will be using the books.
The books will be labeled and numbered. The books will be checked out to your account. Each student will be assigned a book.
When the books are in your possession, you are responsible for them. You must ensure the books are being taken care of. Do not let students bring the books home.
· Athletic Testing: Coaches/Athletic Trainers can reserve the computer lab before and/or after school for AIA Baseline testing.
· Book Check-outs/ Returns:
-Students: All students are highly encouraged to check out books on a regular basis. There is a 3 book limit for students. Students may not check out books if they have overdue or lost books on their Media Center accounts. School ID’s are required to check out books.
-Staff: All staff are highly encouraged to check out books from the Media Center and the Professional Library.
· Butcher Paper: Butcher paper is available for teacher use. Please send students with approximate measurements, as the rolls cannot leave the library. Sports and Clubs should use the butcher paper supplied by Student Government in room 1021 before or after school only.
· Copy Machines: The copy machine in the library is for staff and students to use while working in the library or ID lab. Please use the copiers in the office for all other copies. Do not send your copies to the library printer.
· Copy Service: The library is offering a copy service on a trial basis. Please fill out the appropriate form in the mailroom or the library with your original document. Please allow 1 school day for copies to be delivered. Originals may be emailed to Erin.Henderson@tuhsd.org
· Databases for Student Research: Being Career and College Ready includes the ability to successfully complete research using databases. TUHSD offers many databases for student and teacher use. These can be access via the Quick Links Tab on the Home Page. The password is Aztecs.
E-Books: 4,000 e-books are available via the link on the library webpage. Your username and password are on your Library Bookmark. You may also email the Media Specialist for your username and password. Students use their ID number as their username and password. You can download e-books to your smart device or computer.
Future Connect: Future Connect is the school’s career center. It is located in the Media Center and includes career books, college guides, test preparation books, scholarship guides, etc. Students may use these resources before and after school and during lunch.
Lamination: Lamination service is available. Please drop off your laminating and attach the Lamination Request form. Laminating is completed on Tuesdays and Fridays only. Materials cannot be thick, stapled, or be larger than the width of a standard poster board. Materials to be laminated must be of good quality.
Pathfinders: Pathfinders are resource listings for a particular subject area. They include subject terms to assist students in locating materials on a topic, listings of books, and reference materials available at the library, and pre-screened websites.
If you are doing a project with your class and would like a specialized pathfinder prepared, please contact the Media Specialist. This greatly reduces the amount of time students need to spend searching for resources. It also ensures that appropriate resources will be used. Examples can be viewed on the Media Center webpage.
Professional Library: The Professional Library is located in the Library Book Room. Teachers are encouraged to make use of this resource. Please call the library if you are looking for a specific book or topic. Materials can be delivered to your classroom.
Suggest a Purchase: We welcome suggestions for more resources or books in a particular area! Contact the Media Specialist and describe what you would like to see. If there is a specific book that you feel would be an asset, please forward that information too.
Teacher Check Out: Teachers may request books on a particular subject for use in your classroom for projects and research. The books will be placed under your teacher account and delivered to your room on a cart. You are responsible for the condition of these books.